Sunday, May 24, 2009

I finally have something personal to say...

It has been sometime since I've written anything remotely personal. Work has consumed most of my time, and with the state of economy today, for that I'm quite grateful and blessed. Beyond that, I can honestly say, that I have never felt as grounded as I have been feeling over the last couple of months. A whole lot of nothing has happened in almost a year, yet I have experienced a whole lot of everything.

To a certain degree, everything that's old is new again. Certain aspects of my life before the past year and beyond have resurfaced. Ghosts of Manny's past have come and gone, some have brought the gift of closure, others a surprising new twist on an old storyline.

There is also a refreshing sense of newness. Like a rebooted season on a fledgeling television series, there are several new and certainly unexpected characters.

With everything that's going on, and anything else that may come my way - I can confidently say, there is no better feeling than the way I feel about myself today.

“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.” - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm glad you're finally getty to this point. You deserve stablity and all the wonderful things life has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Thank you I couldn't have done it with the support of ma peeps, like you :-)