Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chris Engen Speaks

Chris Engen finally spoke out via a blog post on his myspace site. Below you'll find a portion of the post...

May 26, 2009 - Tuesday 
CHRIS ENGEN - STATEMENT TO THE PUBLIC
Good Day. This is the first time in my life that I address an audience so vast and varied. There are a number of heated topics that have become entwined with my recent decision to quit my job, and I feel there are a number of truths that deserve to be stated, a number of untruths that deserve to be rectified, and a few of my own ideas that, by way of circumstance, I am compelled to inject into the debate.  This is the only statement I intend to make regarding this subject. I would like first to apologize, as I feel I owe a great many of you at least that. I know that a choice like this appears weak and impulsive. Honestly, it was the last thing I ever thought I’d do - the absolute LAST thing I ever wanted.

While he does not engage in the details behind his exit, one could easily read into some of the possible catalysts for his decision. I respect his decision to exit the role, and I am also sadden by his actions - he was really making something out of the role and demonstrated great potential. 

Below is a great clip featuring Chris acting his ass off against Eric Braeden. Granted Eric chews him up and spits him out, but Chris managed to hold his own.


No comments: