Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 Days To Go...

The past two weeks and the forthcoming week will be quite emotional. While I have informed my immediate management team that I will not be returning to work at the end of my vacation, I still have 58 individuals to drop a bomb on.

There are three people in particular I am considerably worrisome about disclosing my choice to move on. The First has worked with me since my promotion into the city. When I relocated to my current store, I requested he be promoted with me. The Second I have watched develop and grow into an amazing individual and is well on her way to be a great leader. The Third has made quite a Sisyphean effort, having been placed in a role not entirely suitable for him.

Part of me feels like I'm abandoning them, yet my moving on also opens a door of opportunity for them - getting them just one step closer to the next level in the retail business food chain. I have rehearsed, imagined and re-imagined what the conversations will be like, but nothing will come close to how things will actually unfold.

No comments: