Sunday, March 22, 2009

R.I.P. Jade Goody

"I've achieved more in 27 years than some achieve in a lifetime. I could bitch about dying young but at the end of the day I can look back on my life and be proud of what I've done" - Jade Goody

For me, it was one of those cases where I found youself asking, "You think you go it bad?" I've never watched BBUK, but over the last couple of years I've heard of Jade Goody through online tabloids and YouTube clips. On quick glance, her story is very of-the-moment Hollywood - the bad girl Reality TV Star who somehow manages to get an extension on her 15 minutes. While some may have taken advantage of those 15, she chose shed that spotlight on a very personal manner, her battle with cervical cancer. She lost her battle this morning, peacefully slipping away in her sleep. She is survived by her husband, two sons, her mother and father. Ironically, she crossed over on Mother's Day (UK).

No comments: