Sunday, July 6, 2008

An Early Birthday Present...

On June 16th, I gave myself an early birthday present... I ended a quasi long term relationship in typical drama-nny-c form. When he came home that early Monday morning at approximately 6 a.m., he came into the room to find all his belonging neatly folded and packed in various bags. He stood there for what seemed an eternity. We exchanged words, soft-spoken, hesitant, sentences. It was a morning unlike any other. Soon after, I dropped him off at his place. I came home, curled up into what used to be our bed and cried until I passed out. This was the end of something wonderful, the beginning of uncertainty, and the middle of what soap writers would term, a back-burned storyline.

It was the biggest mistake I've made thus far.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Bruised but never broken...you'll get through this:)