Tuesday, August 3, 2010

habit + impulse = me (so far away)

This is my life, it's not what it was before
All these feelings I've shared
And these are my dreams
That I'd never lived before
Somebody shake me
'Cause I, I must be sleepin'

Never one to stray from my impulsive nature - I have changed my upcoming flight plan and will be heading home a tad earlier. The last couple of days have been a bit challenging for me. As I have expressed recently, I have outgrown the length of time I have spent between jobs and have become quite restless. While it has been a delight to not bare burden of employment, the experience is now tiresome. I am anxious to start my new job.

I feel that I may have miscalculated the length of my trip in relation to what awaits me back home. Flying back on a Monday and diving into a new job on a Wednesday is quite simply a poor strategy. There are some pending matters I need to address before starting work, which would be better handled within a more comfortable timeframe - days vs. hours.



I have enjoyed my time down here - I always do - and look forward to my next trip. In the midst of what has become a progressively overwhelming transition - shedding a five year routine, thereby altering a large part of my life for a potentially worthwhile future - I yearn for the habitual comforts and familiarity of home to get me through.

Traveling around sure gets me down and lonely 
Nothing else to do but close my mind
I sure hope the road don't come to own me
There are so many dreams I have yet to find
But you're so far away

No comments: